WINGATE, N.C. – The King University women's cross country team was led by Kirstin Barton at the NCAA Division II Southeast Regional on Saturday morning. The Tornado finished 12th while Barton finished in the top 20 for the second straight year.
KING RESULTS: 12th of 26
LOCATION: Wingate, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton led the Tornado, finishing 18th, her best career finish at the regional. She ran a 6k personal record time of 23:00.7
- Kaitlin Rivera followed Barton, crossing the finish line in 24:18.6 to take 63rd.
- Not far behind in a 6k personal record time of 24:39.6 was Katy Neubert.
- Rebekah Thomas finished in 24:44.9 and Meg Davis came in with a time of 25:23.2.
- Grayson Howe set a personal record with a time of 26:34.1.
- Brianna Barrett rounded out the team with a time of 26:35.3.
FOR THE FOES
- Queens University finished first while Flagler College finished second and Wingate University took third.
- Leah Hanle of the University of Mount Olive took the individual title with a time of 20:53.0.