SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The King University women's cross country team opened the season on Friday at the Converse Kickoff where the Tornado finished third. King was led by Katy Neubert who finished 12th.
LOCATION: Spartanburg, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In her first collegiate race, Neubert covered the 5k distance in 20:56.90 to finish 12th.
- Kaitlin Rivera and Rebekah Thomas came in next for the Tornado with times of 21:59.12 and 21:59.15, respectively.
- Crossing the tape next with a time of 22:27.27 was Christina Fulcher.
- Meg Davis finished in 22:57.37 and Brianna Barrett came in with a time of 23:01.68.
- Grayson Howe crossed the finish line in 23:14.99 while Audrey McCormick finished in 24:39.29.
- Andrea Stansberry rounded out the team with a time of 29:16.36.
FOR THE FOES
- Anderson University won the team event Wofford College coming in second just ahead of the Tornado.
- Melea Sangle of Anderson won the individual title with a time of 19:37.46.
- King returns to the course on September 20 at the Wingfoot Classic in Cartersville, Ga.