GAFFNEY, S.C. – The King University women's wrestling team traveled to local rival Limestone College this evening and put together a commanding win. The Tornado spun through Gaffney, S.C. in a flash as they picked up three technical falls and two falls to win big over Limestone 35-5. The only points scored against the Tornado were by forfeit.
FINAL SCORE: King 35, Limestone 5
LOCATION: Timken Center; Gaffney, S.C.
RECORDS: King 9-1; Limestone 1-9
HOW IT HAPPENED
- At 109 pounds Jaclyn McNichols received a forfeit to get the Tornado on top 5-0.
- Aleeah Gould absolutely punished her way to a victory by fall at 116 pounds in one minute.
- Phoenix Dubose followed suit with a strong win of her own. She walks away with a flawless 10-0 victory by technical fall.
- In an effort to keep the pattern rolling, Cheyenne Sisenstein cashes in another first-period win by fall.
- At 136 pounds Allison Petix continues the Tornado dominance with yet another flawless technical fall victory.
- Ana Luciano kept the momentum rolling into the 143-pound match. She also won by technical fall by a perfect 10-0 score.
- An exchange of forfeits set up the final match of the evening at 191 pounds. Nia Crosdale took the final match of the evening by a score of 8-0.
- Final Score: King 35, Limestone 5
- Saturday, February 8 the Tornado travel to the Bearcat Open in Lebanon, Ill.