BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's wrestling team earned a pair of wins against Ferrum and Cumberland's and a loss to #2 Emmanuel on Friday.
FINAL SCORE: #7 King 27, Cumberlands 15; #7 King 45, Ferrum 0; #2 Emmanuel 24, #7 King 15
LOCATION: Kline Gym; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORD: King 5-2
HOW IT HAPPENED – Cumberlands
- Jaclyn McNichols got King off to a good start with a win over Rebecca Forsyth 101 pounds.
- Cumberlands took a 5-3 lead in the 109 pounds category but king then won six straight matches.
- Cumberlands took the final two matches, one by forfeit and the other by pin but King had already set the win in stone by the end.
HOW IT HAPPENED - FERRUM
- The Tornado again got off to a hot start as Makayla Welch pinned Marrisa Ruiz at a time of 1:10
- Alyssa Aceval also had a pin for King at a time of 0:03
- Nia Crosdale rounded out the 45-0 win with a pin of her own at a time of 1:16.
HOW IT HAPPENED - #2 Emmanuel
- The Tornado dropped the first three matches against Emmanuel giving the Lions a 13-0 lead.
- Briana Kellin got the Tornado on the board with an 8-0 decision over Alexandra Herle getting within 10 at 13-3.
- After a win by Emmanuel, King then took the next two matches capped off by a decision from Ashlyn Ortega over Kayla Marano bringing the score down to 16-10.
- Emmanuel secured the win with a victory from Felicity Bryant at 170 pounds 24-15
- King travels to Missouri on Saturday, November 17 to compete in the Missouri Valley Open.