JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. – A couple weeks away from the Conference Carolinas Indoor Track & Field Championships, the King University women's track & field team continued to improve at the Buccaneer Invitational. The distance medley relay highlighted the weekend along with few strong individual performances.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Whitney Christian nearly set a personal record in the 400 meter dash with a time of 1:03.46.
- In the 60 meter dash, Larynn Clopton finished in 8.30 seconds, just shy of a personal best.
- The distance medley relay team of Whitney Christian, Meg Davis, Katy Neubert and Kaitlin Rivera finished sixth with a time of 13:37.87.
- In the weight throw, Ashley Miller finished 13th with a mark of 14.06 meters.
- Davis finished 14th in the 800 meters with a time of 2:27.19.
- The Tornado are in action again on Friday and Saturday at the VMI Winter Relays.