BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's tennis team dropped their Conference Carolinas opening match on Friday afternoon. The Tornado fell to Limestone College 7-0.
FINAL SCORE: Limestone 7, King 0
LOCATION: Bristol Racquet and Fitness Club; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 1-8, 0-1 Conference Carolinas; Limestone 1-3, 1-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Doubles play was tight as the No. 1 doubles Tornado team of Marilyn Roustand and Lauren Smorgonsky fell to Alexandra Dolfi and Caroline St-Antoine 6-3.
- At the third flight, Anna Mincey and Morgan Buchanan dropped a 6-3 No. 3 doubles match to Alexis Ramirez and Alison Walsh as the Saints took the doubles point.
- In singles play, Roustand played well at the top flight, falling to Camille Haus 6-2, 6-2.
- Mincey nearly forced a decisive set at the third flight, falling to St-Antoine 6-1, 6-4.
- Limestone took the other four singles matches to take the 7-0 win.
- King travels to Belmont Abbey College on March 20 for a 1:00 p.m. start.
- Limestone travels to Converse College on Monday evening.