CHARLOTTE, N.C. – Following the third day of the Conference Carolinas Championships, the King University women's swimming team remains in third place. For the third straight day, Ashley Woods set a school record for the Tornado.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 7
LOCATION: Mecklenburg Municipal Pool; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Woods' set a school record came in the 500 yard freestyle as she touched the wall in 5:13.81 to take fifth in the prelims.
- Nicola Mead finished the 200 yard butterfly in 2:13.01 to finish third.
- Brooke Williams set a personal record in the 100 yard backstroke with a time of 1:04.03 to take 14th.
- Also in the 100 yard backstroke, Samantha Davis finished 11th with a time of 1:01.95.
- In the 100 yard breaststroke, Macarena Martin Mayor finished 11th with a time of 1:11.05 while Gwen Haag came in 14th with a time of 1:12.71.
"Day three had some great swims, with our first conference champion in Dale Bruce," head coach James Graves said. "Lifetime best swims and two more team records, along with some great support of each other made this day special for King swimming. The team race on the women's side is very close heading into day four, so we will need to bring our A game on Sunday to hold our position. One more day to go finish a great season, and I couldn't be happier with our effort. Go Tornado!"
- The championships conclude on Sunday with the prelims at 10:00 a.m. and the finals at 7:00 p.m.