CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University women's swimming team started slow, but finished strong on the second day of the Conference Carolinas Championships. Two more school records fell as the Tornado are still in third place.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 7
LOCATION: Mecklenburg Municipal Pool; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ashley Woods set another school record, this time in the 200 yard freestyle with a time of 1:58.39 to finish sixth.
- The 200 yard freestyle relay team of Brooke Williams, Samantha Davis, Michelle Morlock and Madi Matthews set the school record with a third place time of 1:39.36.
- In the 100 yard butterfly, three personal records fell.
- Morlock finished in 1:04.89 while Alessa Locke touched the wall in 1:19.58 and Dakota Bastin finished in 1:20.58.
- Matthews finished seventh in the 200 yard freestyle with a personal record time of 1:58.45.
- Also in the 200 yard freestyle, Morlock and Williams set personal bests with times for 2:06.59 and 2:06.76, respectively.
- Nicola Mead finished fifth in the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 59.63 seconds.
- Macarena Martin Mayor came in fifth in the individual medley with a time of 4:51.37.
"Some more great racing today from the Tornado with six more team records," head coach James Graves said. "We came out a little flat in a few events today, but rallied behind some great swims in finals. It has been a lot of fun to come together and support each other and we are looking forward to having two more intense days of racing as we have our eyes set on continuing to set more lifetime best times."
- The championships continue through Sunday with the prelims at 10:00 a.m. and the finals at 7:00 p.m.