WEST LIBERTY, W.Va. - The King University men's wrestling team had a tough day, falling to West Liberty University and Davis & Elkins College by scores of 43-12 and 40-9, respectively. Cade Ridley led the Tornado with two wins, one by pin and another by medical forfeit. Rylee Billings and Cory Collins also picked up wins.
FINAL SCORE: Davis & Elkins 40, King 9; West Liberty 43, King 12
LOCATION: WEST LIBERTY, W.Va.
RECORDS: King University 1-3, West Liberty 6-5, Davis & Elkins 4-4
HOW IT HAPPENED - DAVIS & ELKINS COLLEGE
- At 125 Billings started the night strong with a decisive 7-3 victory over Davis and Elkins' Vincent Scollo, giving King the early lead.
- At 133 Elijah Hicks would come very close but fall short on a 4-5 decision, tying the match 3-3.
- King would forfeit the next two, giving Davis and Elkins a strong lead.
- The next win from King came from Ridley at 285 pounds. He won by fall over Daimere Wilson-Turner in 1:57.
HOW IT HAPPENED - WEST LIBERTY UNIVERSITY
- Rylee Billing and Hicks lost relatively close decisions at 125 and 133 pounds.
- The first win of the match would come from Collins at 157 pounds. He hit a deadly crotch lift directly to West Liberty's back, giving the Tornado a desperately needed six points.
- The next win of the night came from heavyweight Ridley. He won by medical forfeit over Francesco Borsellino.
- The Tornado will compete on January 9 at home against Queens. The action will begin at 7:00 p.m.