BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's golf team finished fifth in their home tournament with a score of 661. Sasha Gardiner led the way for the Tornado with a third-place finish.
KING RESULTS: 5th of 7 (661)
LOCATION: Golf Course of Bristol; Bristol, Tenn.
COURSE DETAILS: par 71; 5852 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gardiner finished the tournament with a stroke total of 156, as she followed her first round of 77 with a second round of 79.
- Riley Grunewald and Morgan Powers were next for the Tornado, as both ended the tournament with a score of 167.
- Grunewald was consistent, shooting 84 in the opening round and 83 in the second round while Powers improved on an 86 in the opening round to shooting 81 in the second round.
- Grace Gillen shot 85 and 86, finishing with a score of 171.
- Shelby Zeiter shot 94 in the second round and finished with a score of 184.
FOR THE FOES
- After finishing the first day in second place, Southern Wesleyan came back to win the tournament with a total score of 648 after shooting 321 and 327.
- Anna Parramore of Erskine College was the individual medalist with a score of 149. Jennifer Keim of Tusculum University followed close behind and finished in second place with a stroke total of 150.
- The Tornado return to action on October 7 and 8 as the team travels to Salisbury, N.C. to compete in the Patsy Rendleman Invitational.