SPARTANBURG, S.C. – The King University men's cross country team started their season on a good not, finishing second at the Converse Kickoff. Blaine Metcalf paced the Tornado with a 13th place finish in the 5k race.
LOCATION: Spartanburg, S.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Metcalf covered the distance in 17:09.88 to lead the way for the Tornado.
- Josh Booher followed with a time of 17:24.66 in his first collegiate race, taking 18th.
- Not far behind was Kyle Hart, taking 20th with a time of 17:30.58.
- Kade McDonald finished in 17:58.10 while Jake Allison came in with a time of 18:23.57.
- Rounding out the team was Mason Thomas and Brandon Bejarano with times of 19:09.82 and 19:10.02, respectively.
FOR THE FOES
- Anderson University won the team event with the Tornado coming in second. Mars Hill University was third and Wofford College took fourth.
- Noah Allison of Mars Hill won the individual race with a time of 16:07.25.
- King returns to the course on September 20 at the Wingfoot Classic in Catersville, Ga.