GAFFNEY, S.C. – Taking the court for the first time in nearly two weeks, the King University men's volleyball team fell at Limestone College on Monday night. The Saint offense was explosive all night as Limestone took the 3-0 win.
FINAL SCORE: Limestone 3, King 0 (25-18, 25-22, 25-18)
LOCATION: Timken Center; Gaffney, S.C.
RECORDS: King 7-7, 5-1 Conference Carolinas; Limestone 8-4, 4-4 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Limestone scored the first two points of the match and didn't let the Tornado get back to even as the Saints hit .444 during the opening set.
- The Saints gradually extended their lead and took a 13-8 advantage when King called for a timeout.
- King scored back-to-back points out of the timeout as a block from Douglas Florencio and Joshua Kim pulled King within three.
- The Tornado couldn't get any closer as the Saints took the first set 25-18.
- King looked to even the match in the second set, scoring the first two points and opening up a 7-3 lead behind a pair of Kim kills and block from Florencio.
- The Tornado opened up a 15-11 advantage before Limestone took a timeout.
- The Saints later went on a 5-1 run, including four straight to even the set at 18.
- A kill from Kim and ace from Ryan Sumarsono stretched the Tornado lead back to 21-18, but the Saints had another run left.
- Trailing 22-20, Limestone scored three straight points to force a King timeout.
- Out of the break, Limestone scored the final two points to take the set 25-22.
- Limestone used a 7-1 run early in the third set to open up a 7-2 advantage and take control of the set.
- The Tornado deficit grew to 15-8 before King called for a timeout.
- King pulled within 18-14, but couldn't get any closer as Limestone took the set 25-18 and the match 3-0.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Kim led King with 12 kills and seven digs.
- Sean Kohlhase followed with six kills and four digs.
- JT Deppe handed out 15 assists and added six digs.
FOR THE FOES
- Francisco Salinger Cenzual led Limestone with 14 kills and eight digs.
- Jarrett Malone and Andrew Holman followed with eight kills each. Malone added five blocks and Holman had seven digs.
- Milos Vukovic handed out 36 assists.
- King stays on the road to take on Lees-McRae College on Wednesday night. First serve from Banner Elk, N.C. is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
- Limestone travels to Erskine College on Wednesday night.