BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's volleyball team posted their fourth straight win on Saturday in the Student Center Complex. The first set was tight against Erskine College, but the Tornado offense heated up over the final two sets to take the 3-0 win.
FINAL SCORE: King 3, Erskine 0 (27-25, 25-14, 25-13)
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 6-5, 4-0 Conference Carolinas; Erskine 3-7, 1-5 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Erskine jumped out to a 4-0 lead before the Tornado got on the board.
- King then worked their way back and evened the tally at eight on a Suetonius Harris kill.
- A Jack Sarnowski kill started a run for the Tornado as a block from Julian Young and Sarnowski gave King a 19-18 lead and forced an Erskine timeout.
- Young had a kill out of the break to cap the 4-0 spurt that vaulted the Tornado into the lead.
- King led 23-21, but the Flying Fleet scored three straight points to have a chance at set point when King called for timeout.
- Diego Marcano came up with a kill and a block from Harris and Douglas Florencio put King back ahead.
- Following a Flying Fleet point, King scored the final two points to take the set 27-25.
- The Tornado offense got going in the second set, hitting .609 as they were led by five kills from Sean Kohlhase.
- A Sarnowski ace gave King an early 3-0 lead before consecutive kills from Young and Marcano gave King a 13-9 lead and forced an Erskine timeout.
- The Tornado offense kept rolling as a Walter Spurlock kill gave King the 25-14 victory.
- King didn't slow down in the third set, scoring the first six points as Erskine took a timeout following three straight kills, two from Kohlhase and another from Marcano.
- An Aaron Milstead kill stretched the King lead to 11-2 as King continued to extend their lead.
- Jordan Tornow eventually gave King the 25-13 win for the sweep with a kill.
INSIDE THE BOX SCORE
- Kohlhase led King with 10 kills and hit .562 in the match.
- Marcano posted nine kills and two blocks.
- Harris followed with eight kills, a .385 attack percentage and six digs.
- Ryan Sumarsono added seven digs while Young posted three blocks and six kills.
- Sarnowski handed out 29 assists.
FOR THE FOES
- Jacob Whyte led Erskine with seven kills.
- Francisco Palmer handed out 14 assists and added three digs.
- King starts a road trip on Tuesday, traveling to take on North Greenville University. First serve from Tigerville, S.C. is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
- Erskine travels to Belmont Abbey College on Saturday.