Mar 31, 2018
SPARTANTBURG, S.C. – The King University men's track & field team had a solid weekend at the Terrier Relays. The Tornado were led by their field events and James Russell Ballowe taking the victory in the 5000 meter run.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ballowe finished nearly four seconds ahead of the field in the 5000 meters with a time of 15:32.55.
- In the triple jump, Jaylen Foster finished third with a leap of 13.90 meters.
- Adriel McPhee set a personal best with a 110 meter hurdles time of 15.01 seconds, giving him a fifth place finish.
- Braidon Miller had a solid day, finishing 14th in the javelin with a mark of 36.45 meters and 27th with a hammer throw mark of 34.98 meters.
- In the shot put, TJ McMurray finished 26th with a mark of 12.49 meters.
- The Tornado return to action on April 6-7 at the Lenoir-Rhyne Southside Power and Fitness Track & Field Invitational in Hickory, N.C.