BANNER ELK, N.C. – The King University men's tennis team got off to a good start by taking the doubles point at Lees-McRae College on Wednesday afternoon. The momentum continued in singles as the Tornado won five matches to take the dual 6-1.
FINAL SCORE: King 6, Lees-McRae 1
LOCATION: LMC Tennis Courts; Banner Elk, N.C.
RECORDS: King 8-8, 4-3 Conference Carolinas; Lees-McRae 6-14, 1-5 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano started doubles with a 6-2 win at the top flight before Charles Jabaley and Sebastian Lieflaender earned a 6-1 win at the third flight to take the doubles point.
- In singles play, Neumann started with a 6-2, 6-2 victory over Miodrag Popovic at the top flight and Jabaley followed with a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Brandon Caldwell.
- At the third flight, Arturo Alfaro defeated Fittzgerald Lomp 4-6, 6-2, 6-1 to clinch the match for King.
- Jorge Rojas defeated James Kirkham 6-1, 6-2 at the fourth flight and Nathan Snow made it a 6-1 King victory with an 8-1 win over Colton Porter.
- King travels to take on Chowan University on Saturday. The dual is scheduled to start at 2:00 p.m.
- Lees-McRae travels to Barton College on Saturday.