BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team played some tough matches against Belmont Abbey College on Saturday afternoon, but the Crusaders came out on top of each. The Tornado dropped the Conference Carolinas dual 7-0.
FINAL SCORE: Belmont Abbey 7, King 0
LOCATION: King Tennis Courts; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 5-8, 1-3 Conference Carolinas; Belmont Abbey 9-12, 3-2 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sebastian Lieflaender and Charles Jabaley nearly came up with a win at No. 3 doubles, but Bailey Horne and Wlayimer Jimenez of Belmont Abbey took the 6-4 victory.
- The Crusaders then won the top flight 6-2 and the second flight 6-0 to take the doubles point.
- In singles play, Alejandro Feliciano won the first set 6-3 over Zachary Blythe at the top flight. However, Blyth won the final two sets 6-4, 6-4 to take the match.
- Jabaley also played a three-set match after dropping the first set 6-3 to Christopher Hansen. Jabaley then came back with a 6-3 win, but dropped the final set 6-1.
- Belmont Abbey won the final four matches to take the dual 7-0.
- King hosts Southern Wesleyan University at 3:00 p.m. on Friday. The Tornado will have senior day on Saturday when they host North Greenville at 1:00 p.m.
- Belmont Abbey travels to Lander University on Friday afternoon.