CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The King University men's swimming team finished third at the Conference Carolinas Swimming Championships. Over the four days, the Tornado set nine school records and had one conference champion.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 6
LOCATION: Mecklenburg Municipal Pool; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Jan Kuljak set the school record in the 1650 freestyle with a fourth-place time of 16:16.76.
- Maximillian Thomas led off the 400 yard freestyle relay with a personal record 100 yard freestyle time of 47.13 seconds.
- Four personal records fell in the 200 yard breaststroke, starting with Drew Snider who touched the wall in 2:07.56 to take fifith.
- Dale Bruce finished sixth with a time of 2:08.42 while Efren Martinez took eighth in 2:11.60.
- Michael Walker also set a personal best with a 12th-place time of 2:14.79.
- In the 16050 yard freestyle, Radu Magdas came in 13th with a time of 18:43.35.
- Haakon Meyer finished 12th in the 100 yard freestyle with a time of 47.90 seconds.
- Thomas touched the wall in 1:55.93 in the 200 yard backstroke to finish eighth.
- Jabari Ramsey finished fourth with a 200 yard breaststroke time of 2:06.59.
FOR THE FOES
- Barton College won the Conference Carolinas Championship with Emmanuel College taking second and King third.
"A great way to finish the season with third place in both sides," said head coach James Graves. "It was a true team effort with almost everyone contributing in scoring. I am proud of the way we fought all year. We will continue to work on becoming better individuals and team members as we move forward into next year. It has been a great ride with these seniors, and I hope they will take these experiences with them as they take the next step in their lives. Go Tornado!"