BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's swimming team came away with a pair of wins against Mars Hill University and Lees-McRae College on Friday night. The Tornado defeated the Mountain Lions 115-82 and topped Lees-McRae College 100-93.
FINAL SCORE: King 115, Mars Hill 82; King 100, Lees-McRae 93
LOCATION: Tennessee High School; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORD: King 5-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Maximillian Thomas, Jabari Ramsey, Dale Bruce and Haakon Meyer finished first with a time of 1:37.33.
- Thomas started off the relay with a 50 yard backstroke school-record time of 24.32.
- Jan Kuljak finished second in the 1000 yard freestyle with a time of 10:20.73.
- Thomas set a career-high in the 200 freestyle, finishing second with a time of 1:46.82.
- In the 100 yard butterfly, Bruce finished second with a time of 53.32.
- In the 100 yard freestyle, Thomas finished third with a time of 49.84 while Josiah Boyle came in fourth at 51.67.
- Thomas finished second in the 100 yard backstroke, touching the wall in 54.38.
- In the 500 yard freestyle, Kuljak finished second with a time of 5:05.23.
- Ramsey finished second in the 100 yard breaststroke with a time of 1:00.88.
- The 200 yard freestyle relay team of Dale, Kuljak, Ethan DeRouis, and Wayne Bilancione finished second with a time of 1:32.14.
"The men's team set the tone from the start with a very fast time in the 200 medley. We came focused and ready to fight, and that is what we have been looking for all year," head coach James Graves said. "It was bittersweet seeing Wayne and Ethan on senior night, and I couldn't be more proud of those guys for leading us this year. It was a great team victory all around. Special thanks to all of our supporters for coming out the meet and making it a fun environment and memorable night."
- King is in action again on February 1 at Union College. The meet is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m.