GREENVILLE, S.C. – The Southern Tide Classic was cut short due to rain and the King University men's golf team finished fifth with a score of 593. Alex Bradford led the way with a 10th place finish for the Tornado.
KING RESULTS: 6th of 12 (593)
LOCATION: Green Valley Country Club; Greenville, S.C.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6952 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bradford finished 10th with a score of 146 after shooting even-par 72 in the opening round and 74 in the second round.
- Following a first round of 76, Miles Ruff carded a round of even-par 72 in the second round to finish with a total of 148.
- Beam Ratanaprasartporn, improved on an opening round of 82 with a second round of 73, finishing with a total of 155.
- Chad Couch also shot 155, starting with a round of 74 and finishing with a round of 81 in the second round.
- Leo Rigamonti shot a 71 in the opening round, but his second round was disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard.
- Playing as an individual, Jeppe Thybo finished with a score of 158, shooting 81 in the first round and 77 in the second round.
FOR THE FOES
- Belmont Abbey College with a score of 580 and North Greenville University finished second at 587.
- Reece Coleman of Anderson and Alberto Avila of Erskine College finished tied atop the individual leaderboard with scores of 142.
- The Tornado return to the course on March 23-24 at the Lander Bearcat Classic in Greenwood, S.C.