DAHLONEGA, Ga. – Leo Rigamonti led the King University men's golf team with a third place finish at the North Georgia Fall Invitational, shooting all three rounds under par. The Tornado finished 12th with a tournament score of 868.
KING RESULTS: King 12th of 14 (868)
LOCATION: Achasta Golf Course; Dahlonega, Ga.
COURSE DETAILS: par 72; 6967 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rigamonti started the tournament with a career-low round of six-under 66. On the back nine, he went five-under with a birdie on 13, eagle on 14 and birdies on 15 and 16.
- The sophomore followed that round with a score of 68 in Monday's second round. He again posted a birdie on 13 and 14 before eagling 15.
- Rigamonti finished the tournament with a score of 70 in Tuesday, to finish the tournament with a score of 204.
- Alex Bradford started his tournament with rounds of 74 and 70 on Monday. He recorded three birdies in the first round before registering five in the second round to shoot two-under.
- He finished with a tournament total of 219 following a final round of 75.
- Chad Couch started his tournament with rounds of 75 and 74 on Monday. He posted three birdies in each round.
- He finished the tournament with a round of one-over 73, ending with a stroke total of 222.
- Miles Ruff started his tournament with a round of 76 and followed that by carding a 74 in the second round on Monday. Ruff registered four birdies in the second round.
- Ruff finished the tournament with a score of 225 following a final round of 75.
- Jeppe Thybo carded 76 in the opening round and 77 in the second round on Monday.
- Thybo closed the tournament with a round of one-over 73, giving him a tournament total of 226.
FOR THE FOES
- Carson-Newman University won the tournament with a team score of 837 while Clayton State University finished second at 843.
- Tom Forster of Carson-Newman and Joseph Kim of Clayton State finished atop the leaderboard with scores of 15-under 201.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The 54-hole score for Rigamonti is the lowest score for the Tornado since becoming NCAA Division II members in 2011-12. The previous low as 212 shot by Leennawat Numpituckchaikul in March of 2015.
- King returns to the course on October 21-22 at the Queens Invitational. The tournament will be played at The Club at Irish Creek in Kannapolis, N.C.