BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University baseball team split a doubleheader with Lindsey Wilson College on Sunday afternoon. The Tornado offense was shut down in game one, falling 5-0 before Rob Sari and Braden White helped lead King to a 5-1 win in game two.
FINAL SCORE: Lindsey Wilson 5, King 0; King 5, Lindsey Wilson 1
LOCATION: King Baseball Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 3-3; Lindsey Wilson 2-4
- Sari led the Tornado offense, going 3-for-4 and drove in two in the nightcap.
- White earned the win in game two, tossing five scoreless innings.
- Junior Renwick posted a pair of hits on the day and drove in one.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- Lindsey Wilson plated three runs in the top of the first inning, Seth Price drove in one with a double and Dillan Saunders scored Price with a single.
- The Blue Raiders then added another run on a wild pitch.
- King threatened with a pair of runners in each the second and fourth innings, but Lindsey Wilson got out of the jam each time.
- The Blue Raiders added a pair of insurance runs in the seventh inning to take the contest 5-0.
Winning Pitcher: Bradley Hines (1-0) 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 1 SO
Losing Pitcher: Avery Cain (0-1) 5.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 SO
Save: Cade Duncan (1) 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 2 SO
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS
- White was efficient for the Tornado, using 66 pitches in five innings.
- It only took King two batters to take the lead as Sari started the game with a single and Renwick ripped a double, putting the Tornado on top.
- King then added two in the second inning, as a Sari single that scored Bennett McCann gave King a 3-0 lead.
- On the defensive side, White retired 10 straight batters, starting with the last two of the first inning until a two-out walk in the fourth.
- White then stranded a pair of runners in the fifth, keeping King in the lead.
- The Blue Raiders scored on a Tornado miscue in the sixth before Sari got that run back with a double in the bottom of the inning that scored Harrison Barger.
- Trevor Bears then worked a 1-2-3 seventh inning to give King the 5-1 win.
Winning Pitcher: Braden White (2-0) 5.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO
Losing Pitcher: Andy Rosales (0-1) 2.0 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO
FOR THE FOES
- Austin Rayno had a pair of hits on the day while Saunders had two hits and drove in one.
- Price had one hit in game one, scored once and drove in one.
- King is scheduled to travel to Carson-Newman University on Tuesday. First pitch from Jefferson City, Tenn. is scheduled for 2:00 p.m.
- Lindsey Wilson travels to Faulkner University on Friday.