BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University baseball team faced Milligan College on Monday afternoon. The Buffaloes used a big inning to gain separation in their 11-4 victory.
FINAL SCORE: Milligan 11, King 4
LOCATION: King Baseball Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 3-5; Milligan 2-5
TIME OF GAME: 3:10
- Hunter Barbour paced the Tornado offense with a run-scoring double.
- Jason VanHoy collected his first career hit and run batted in.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Buffaloes grabbed the lead with a run in the top of the first, but King answered with a run on a bases loaded hit by pitch.
- Will Queen put Milligan on top with a run-scoring single in the second inning, but King responded again.
- Barbour ripped a double that scored Austin Meyer in the third to even the score.
- Milligan broke the game open in the fourth inning, scoring seven runs on one hit to open up a 9-2 lead
- The Buffaloes added runs in the fifth and sixth innings while King plated runs in the sixth and seventh.
- In the seventh, VanHoy singled through the left side, scoring Banks Presson.
- However, that was all the Tornado scored as Milligan took the contest 11-4.
FOR THE FOES
- Braden Jones scored three runs while Camron Harper and Alex Morales scored twice.
- Chance Hall drove in pair for the Buffaloes.
Winning Pitcher: Wyatt Sowers (1-0) 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 SO
Losing Pitcher: Nicolas Gregson (0-1) 0.0 IP, 0 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 0 SO
- King hosts Lincoln Memorial University at 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday afternoon.
- Milligan travels to Brewton-Parker College on Friday.