LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The King University women's cross country team put together a solid finish at the Greater Louisville Classic, finishing ninth overall. Kirstin Barton led the Tornado again, taking seventh and setting another personal record.
KING RESULTS: 9th of 43 (2nd of 7 NCAA Division II)
LOCATION: E.P. Tom Sawyer State Park; Louisville, Ky.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton covered the 5k distance in 19:10.8, posting her first time under 20 minutes. She finished seventh, only 30 seconds off the winning pace.
- Rebekah Thomas came in next for the Tornado, taking 51st with a time of 20:20.2.
- Not far behind was Kaitlin Rivera who crossed the tape in 20:27.5.
- Meg Davis came in with a time of 20:56.5 while Hannah Kusmierz finished in 21:07.8.
- Coming in next for the Tornado was Christina Fulcher who crossed the finish line in 21:10.4.
- Audrey McCormick rounded out the team for King, finishing in 22:36.8.
FOE THE FOES
- Georgia College finished first, winning the team title.
- Alyssa Campbell of Point Park won the individual title with a time of 18:38.4.
- King is in action again on October 12 at the Royals XC Challenge in Charlotte, N.C.