CHARLOTTE, N.C. – In their final preparations before the Conference Carolinas Championship, the King University women's cross country team finished 10th at the Queen City Invitational. The Tornado were led by another solid performance from Hannah Kusmierz, who finished with another personal record.
KING RESULTS: 10th of 13
LOCATION: McAlpine Park; Charlotte, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- For the second straight week, Kusmierz posted a personal record time, lowering her time by nearly one minute. She finished in 19:23, taking a 28th place finish.
- Following Kusmierz was Abbi Pierce who came in with a time of 20:44.
- Kirstin Barton crossed the tape next for the Tornado with a time of 21:19.
- Audrey McCormick finished in 21:51 and Emily Sutherland rounded out the team with a time of 22:11.
FOR THE FOES
- Davidson College won the meet while the University of Mount Olive finished second.
- King finished 10th overall and fourth among NCAA Division II teams.
- Davidson's Sarah Sears won the individual title with a time of 16:50.
- The Tornado compete on Friday at the Conference Carolinas Championship which will be held in Concord, N.C. at Frank Liske Park.