LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The King University women's cross country team had a solid showing on Saturday at the Greater Louisville Classic, placing three runners in the top 15 of a deep silver race field. The Tornado finished third and were led by Kaitlin Rivera who finished 10th.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 5
LOCATION: Louisville, Ky.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Rivera led the way for King, finishing 10th with a time of 20:18.47.
- Not far behind was Hannah Kusmierz, crossing the finish line in 20:34.52 to take 12th.
- Abbi Pierce finished 14th with her time of 20:39.55.
- Newcomers Audrey McCormick and Emily Sutherland rounded out the squad, crossing the finish line in 22:56.41, and 23:17.96, respectively.
FOE THE FOES
- The Tornado finished third in the silver race among NCAA Division II teams behind Mercyhurst University and Southern Indiana University.
- Mercyhurst had the top two individual finishers, including the race winner, Mary Jaskowak who finished in 19:07.69.
- King returns to action on Saturday when they run at the Gene Mullin Invitational in Greenville, S.C.