LAS VEGAS, Nev. – One current member of the King University women' s wrestling team and five former Tornado competed over the weekend at the 2018 US Senior Open. Three individuals have qualified for the upcoming Final X competition.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Allison Petix was the only current Tornado to compete, taking fifth at 59 kilograms.
- She started with a 3-2 victory over Shelby Hall to advance to the quarterfinals.
- Petix then dropped to the consolation bracket where she won back-to-back matches before falling in the consolation semifinals.
- She capped the day with an 11-0 technical fall win over Erin Redford to take fifth.
- Petix will now compete at the World Team Trials in Rochester, Minn., which is held from May 18-20.
- Joining Petix in Rochester will be former King athletes, Forrest Moliniari, Haley Augello and Amanda Hendey.
- Molinari (65 kilograms) and Augello (53 kilograms) both took runner-up finishes in Las Vegas while Hendey (62 kilograms) finished fourth.
- Sarah Hildebrandt (53 kilograms) and current Tornado assistant coach Julia Salata (65 kilograms) finished first, defeated Augello and Molinari, respectively.
- Hildebrandt, Salata, along with Alli Ragan have all qualified for the Final X, which is a best two-of-three series where they will face the winner of the World Team Trials.
- The Final X is scheduled for June 23 at Lehigh.
- Petix will be in action again on May 11-13 at the Women's National Championships; UWW Cadet & Junior World Team Trials in Irving, Texas.