WILLIAMSBURG, Ky. – The King University women's wrestling team competed in day two of the Patriot Duals on Sunday. The Tornado recorded three wins and one loss on the day to finish runner-up in the Patriot Duals.
FINAL SCORE: #4 King 38, #13 Lindenwood-Belleville 9; #4 King 24, #15 Life 13; #4 King 24, Campbellsville "B" 21; #2 Campbellsville 37, #4 King 8
LOCATION: Williamsburg, Ky.
RECORDS: King 6-1
HOW IT HAPPENED - #13 LINDENWOOD-BELLEVILLE
- King took a 5-0 lead after a forfeit at 123 pounds. Allison Petix followed the forfeit with a win at 130 pounds by tech fall.
- Nicole Joseph took a win by fall at 136 pounds followed by a forfeit win at 143 pounds for Leilani Vital to give the Tornado a 19-0 lead.
- Clarc Walker took a win by tech fall at 191 pounds. King then recorded three straight forfeit victories at 101 pounds, 109 pounds, and 116 pounds to give the Tornado a 38-9 victory over Lindenwood-Belleville.
HOW IT HAPPENED – #15 LIFE UNIVERSITY
- King jumped out to an early 5-0 lead with a forfeit at 130 pounds. In the first match of the contest, Joseph took a win by tech fall at 143 pounds.
- Walker won by decision at 191 pounds, Cassidy Ferrell won by decision at 101 pounds, and Marina Doi won by tech fall at 109 pounds to give the Tornado a 19-9 lead over Life.
- Aleeah Gould capped off the match with a win at 116 pounds by fall. King ended up defeating Life 24-13.
HOW IT HAPPENED – CAMPBELLSVILLE UNIVERSITY "B"
- King started the match off with an Isabella Hook win by decision at 116 pounds and a win by forfeit for Briana Kellin at 123 pounds to give the Tornado an 8-1 lead.
- Petix recorded a win by decision at 130 pounds and was followed with a win by tech fall at 136 pounds by Joseph. This gave King a 15-2 lead in the contest.
- The Tornado fell behind late, but was able to regain the lead with a Regina Doi win by tech fall at 101 pounds and an Aleeah Gould win by forfeit at 109 pounds. These wins allowed King to take a 24-21 victory over Campbellsville "B".
HOW IT HAPPENED – CAMPBELLSVILLE UNIVERSITY
- Marina Doi gave King an early 4-0 lead with a win by tech fall at 101 pounds.
- Unfortunately, this was the last time that the Tornado would have a lead as they struggled in this contest. Doi's win was one of two wins for King in this match.
- Walker recorded the other win at 191 pounds by tech fall. King went on to lose this match 37-8 against Campbellsville.
- King heads to Princeton, New Jersey on November 5th to compete at the NWCA All-Star Classic.