BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King Women's Volleyball team hosted Emmanuel College on Saturday afternoon in a Conference Carolinas match up. Although every set was close, the Lions edged the Tornado in three straight sets.
FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel 3, King 0 (25-22, 25-19, 28-26)
LOCATION: Student Center Complex; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 6-7, 2-3 Conference Carolinas; Emmanuel 8-6, 5-1 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- King got off to a slow start as they went down 9-4 early in the first set, however, made a run to cut the deficit to 11-10.
- The set continued to go back and forth, but Emmanuel was able to pull away late to take the first set 25-22.
- The second set began with a kill by Abby Anderson, however, as the set progressed early on King found themselves on the wrong end of an 8-1 run and went down 15-8.
- A late run in the set began with a Tristyn Lozano kill, but the Lions proved to be too much as they finished off the Tornado in the second set 25-19.
- King started the third set strong as they took an early 11-8 lead with help from some errors by Emmanuel.
- The set went back and forth the rest of the way and King found themselves tied 26-26 after a Becca Huddleston kill.
- However, the Lions closed out the Tornado in the next two points to take the set 28-26 and the match 3-0.
- Cathy Scaniffe led King with 11 kills.
- Anderson recorded 28 assists for the Tornado.
- Amy Serowski had 17 digs and Huddleston recorded 15.
- Victoria Gause racked up 5 blocks during the match.
FOR THE FOES
- Julie de Blanck led the Lions with 13 kills.
- Stephanie Hardy dished out 25 assists and Aysha Avery had 17 digs.
- King travels to Tusculum College on Tuesday for a non-conference matchup at 7:00 pm
- Emmanuel is back in action Friday when they travel to Southern Wesleyan.