CENTRAL, S.C. – The King University women's track and field team competed in the Conference Carolinas championship this weekend in Central, South Carolina. The Tornado were led by Kirstin Barton who recorded a huge win in the 5,000 meter race as well as two other top-10 finishes in other events. King finished fifth at the conference championships after previously being selected to finish last at the competition.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Barton led the way for the Tornado with a first place finish in the 5,000 meter race after posting a time of 19:26. She also took home a third place finish in the 10,000 meter race as well as a sixth place finish in the 1,500 meter event.
- Hannah Kusmierz had a great weekend for King as she posted a second place finish in the 5,000 meter race after posting a time of 19:33. She also finished third in the steeple chase with a time of 12:04 and in fifth place in the 1,500 meter event.
- Neyasha Honorable posted a first place finish of her own as she took home a victory in the 400 meter race after posting a time of 57.7 seconds. She placed sixth in the 200 meter race as well and was part of the 4x1 and 4x4 teams that placed seventh and sixth respectively.
- The throwers performed well for the Tornado as Alyssa Thomas placed third in the discus and set a new personal record.
- Kaitlin Rivera placed eighth in the 800 meter race for the Tornado.
- The Liberty Twilight Qualifier in Lynchburg, Virginia awaits the Tornado on May 2.