BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's tennis dropped their Conference Carolinas dual against Lees-McRae College on Tuesday night. The Bobcats won all three doubles matches before taking all six singles matches for the 9-0 win.
FINAL SCORE: Lees-McRae 9, King 0
LOCATION: Bristol Racquet Club; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 0-8, 0-3 Conference Carolinas; Lees-McRae 4-1, 1-0 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lees-McRae took the top doubles match 8-3 before winning the No. 2 doubles match 8-1.
- The Tornado were short a player, so the Bobcats took a 3-0 lead with a win by default at the third flight.
- In singles play, the Bobcats took a 6-0, 6-1 victory at the top flight and a 6-1, 6-0 victory at the fourth flight to clinch the match.
- Lees-McRae then won the final four matches to take the dual 9-0.
- King travels to take on Belmont Abbey College on Friday at 1:00 p.m. and the University of Mount Olive on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.
- Lees-McRae travels to Mount Olive on Friday and Belmont Abbey on Saturday.