BARBOURVILLE, Ky. – The King University women's swimming team competed against Union College Saturday afternoon. There were multiple individual personal bests as the team swam hard against a quality opponent.
FINAL SCORE: Union 114, King 62
LOCATION: Barbourville, Ky.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The 200 yard medley relay team of Jess Vargo, Haley Carpenter, Macarena Martin Mayor, and Madison Wisley started the day off for the Tornado by taking the first event with a time of 1:57.27.
- Wisley set career bests in both the 50 meter freestyle and the 100 meter freestyle. In the 50 meter freestyle she posted a time of 24.64 to finish first in the event. In the 100 meter freestyle she recorded a time of 54.82 and placed second.
- Martin Mayor posted a time of 2:29.03 in the 200 yard breaststroke to take the top spot while Carpenter recorded a time of 2:44.36. Carpenter's time was a 200 yard breaststroke personal record for her.
- In the 500 yard freestyle, Vargo took second with her time of 5:37.25.
- Martin Mayor took the top spot in the 200 yard individual medley with a time of 2:14.54.
- The day was finished with by the 200 yard freestyle relay team of Wisley, Martin Mayor, Vargo, and Carpenter. The foursome finished with a time of 1:46.99.
QUOTE FROM THE COACH
- "We raced well today and are starting to look sharp at the right time with conference around the corner," head coach James Graves said. "We had some lifetime best swims today and numerous double winners, and I am really excited and proud of this group of athletes. The seniors have really shown great leadership, and we are going to enjoy this last part of the season."
- King travels to Charlotte, North Carolina to compete in the Conference Carolinas Championships on February 16-17.