BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's soccer team suffered a tough defeat to Ferris State University in the team's home opener. The Tornado only trailed at the half 1-0 despite playing a majority of it on the defensive end. The Bulldogs proved to be too strong in the second half, however, as they put away two more goals to take the contest 3-0 over the Tornado.
FINAL SCORE: Ferris State 3, King 0
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 0-2; Ferris State 1-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bulldogs did not waste any time, coming out ripping seven shots within the first 15 minutes of the game. One of those shots found the back of the net in the 13th minute.
- The 13th minute goal by Ferris State came on a cross from the left side of the field where the Bulldogs beat goalkeeper Olivia Drake far post.
- King found themselves playing defense most of the first half as Ferris State continued to apply pressure and recorded 12 first half shots on the Tornado.
- Despite being outshot 12-0 in the first half, King only found themselves only down 1-0 at the end of the first period.
- The second half began much as the first as Ferris State recorded 4 more shots in the first 15 minutes.
- In the 72nd minute, King found themselves on the defense again when Ferris State sent a corner kick in the box which found the back of the net on a Ferris State header.
- Quickly after the goal, Drake found herself one-on-one with a Ferris State player, but Drake came up big for the Tornado a made a critical stop in the 73rd minute.
- In the 85th minute, Ferris State scored once more to put King down 3-0 which ultimately ended up being the final.
- Drake recorded a season high 10 saves for the Tornado.
- Miranda Smith recorded both of King's two shots in the contest.
FOR THE FOES
- In the contest, Ferris State took 26 shots, placing 13 on frame.
- Three goals were scored by three different players for the Bulldogs.
- King heads to Mars Hill University on Tuesday for a 7:00 p.m. start.
- Ferris State hosts Minnesota State University on Friday at 4:00 p.m.