BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University women's golf team finished in third place in the King University Invitational Tuesday afternoon with a combined final score of 641. Nicola Robertson led the way for the Tornado with a combined final score of 149 to finish second overall in the tournament.
KING RESULTS: 3rd of 8
LOCATION: Bristol Country Club; Bristol, Tenn.
COURSE DETAILS: par 71, 5852 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Robertson shot a 77 in her second round to finish the tournament with a score of 149, seven-over par. She led the way for King and finished second overall in the tournament.
- Samantha Taylor was close behind finishing fourth overall with a score of 152, ten-over par.
- Next in for the Tornado was Roxane Nataf shooting 161 for the tournament to finish 15th overall.
- Autumn Bergendahl had a strong second round shooting 87 which was one stroke away from tying her career low score. She finished the tournament with a score of 179, 34th overall.
- Finishing the day for King was Morgan Powers with a tournament score of 186. She finished the tournament 39th overall.
FOR THE FOES
- Carson-Newman edged the competition with a final score of 616 to take home the tournament title.
- Individually, Carson-Newman's Elizabeth England won the tournament with a final score of 146, four-over par.
- The Tornado are back in action Monday, October 9th at the Patsy Randleman Invitational in Salisbury, N.C.