CONCORD, N.C. – For the fourth time since becoming Conference Carolinas members, the King University men's cross country team finished as runners-up at the Conference Carolinas Championship. The Tornado were led by top-10 finishes from Tanner Cook and Charles Ramos.
KING RESULTS: 2nd/9
LOCATION: Frank Liske Park, Concord, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Following a slew of University of Mount Olive runners, Cook came across the line in eighth place with a time of 27:07.4.
- Ramos wasn't far behind, finishing with a time of 27:48.4 to take 10th place.
- James Russell Ballowe and Morgan Greene came in next, placing 13th and 14th, respectively. Ballowe finished with a time of 28:01.5 and Greene came across the finish line with a time of 28:05.0.
- Tyler Edwards was next for the Tornado, finishing 21st with a time of 28:47.5.
- Rounding out the squad for King was Caleb Greene who finished 50th with a time of 31:05.3.
FOR THE FOES
- Mount Olive won their fourth straight Conference Carolinas championship, placing seven runners in the top 10 including the top six finishers.
- Gil Eugenio of Mount Olive won the individual title with a time of 26:06.0.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Both Cook and Ramos earned second team All-Conference Carolinas honors based on their finishes.
- Morgan Greene and Ballowe both garnered third team all-conference recognition.
- King will be in action again on Saturday, November 7 at the NCAA Southeast Regional to be held in Wingate, N.C.