NEWTON, N.C. – The King University men's cross country team completed their second event of the season at the Lenoir-Rhyne Invitational 8K race against three regional opponents on Friday evening. The Tornado recorded another impressive performance, finishing first ahead of Lees-McRae College, Lenoir-Rhyne University and Tusculum College.
FINAL SCORE: King 1st/4 overall
LOCATION: Southside Park, Newton, N.C.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Tanner Cook earned a first place finish for the Tornado with a time of 26:43.31.
- Charles Ramos finished 3rd with a time of 27:28.723.
- James Russell Ballowe came in next at 28:05.47 to finish 5th.
- Morgan Greene finished 9th, covering the distance in 28:30.68
- Tyler Edwards finished in a time of 29:15.60 to take13th.
- Caleb Greene then followed in 19th, finishing in 30:57.03.
- King records the first place overall win ahead of their opponents by 16 points.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- This marks Tanner Cook's first individual win.
- The victory is King's first since their season opening Eye Opener Invitational in 2013.
FOR THE FOES
- Following The Tornado ranking in second overall was Lees-McRae College.
- Respectively, Lenoir-Rhyne University and Tusculum College finish next in third and fourth.
- The Tornado travel to Blacksburg, Va. Friday, September 18 to participate in the Virginia Tech Alumni Invite.