CENTRAL, S.C. – The King University men's track and field team competed in the Conference Carolinas championship this weekend in Central, South Carolina. The Tornado posted many impressive individual performances including a second place finish from Adriel McPhee in the 110 meter hurdles. King finished seventh overall at the conference championships.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- McPhee led the way for the Tornado with a second place finish in the 110 meter hurdles with a time of 14.75.
- Jaylen Foster recorded two top-5 finishes at the championships including a third place finish in the triple jump and a fourth place finish in the high jump.
- Luke Downes posted a fifth place finish in the javelin event while James Russell Ballowe finished seventh in the 5,000 meter event and eighth in the 1,500 meter race.
- The throwers were strong for the Tornado as TJ McMurray led the way with a third place finish in the discus, seventh in the shot put and seventh in the hammer throw while also setting personal records in each of the these events.
- The Liberty Twilight Qualifier in Lynchburg, Virginia awaits the Tornado on May 2.