GREENEVILLE, Tenn. – The King University men's tennis team opened their season with a hard fought dual at Tusculum College. The Tornado trailed 2-1 after doubles, and nearly came back to take the win, but the Pioneers held off King for the 5-4 victory.
FINAL SCORE: Tusculum 5, King 4
LOCATION: Nichols Tennis Complex; Greeneville, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 0-1; Tusculum 3-0
HOW IT HAPPENED
- At No. 1 doubles, Lennard Neumann and Alejandro Feliciano took an 8-4 victory over Tomas Kmetko and Yago Fernandez to get King on the board.
- However, the Pioneers won the other two doubles matches, 8-3 and 8-2, taking a 2-1 lead into singles play.
- In singles, Lenny Keswani came away with a 6-2, 6-4 win over Kmetko at the top flight while Neumann defeated Fernandez 6-4, 6-1 at the second flight.
- At No. 4 singles, Feliciano won the first set 6-4 before dropping the second set 7-5 to Jorge Cervantes. Feliciano came back to win the third set 10-2.
- However, that was the final win for the Tornado as the Pioneers won the final three matches to take the dual 5-4.
- King travels to the ITA Regional on Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Sumter, S.C.