BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King Men's Soccer team hosted Emmanuel College on Saturday afternoon for a Conference Carolinas match up. The Tornado suffered another one goal loss as the Lions defeated King 2-1.
FINAL SCORE: Emmanuel 2, King 1
LOCATION: Parks Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 2-6-1, 0-5 Conference Carolinas; Emmanuel 3-3-3, 3-0-2 Conference Carolinas
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emmanuel struck first as they found the back of the net in the second minute of the game.
- The rest of the first period was a back and forth battle between the two teams as each team recorded eight first half shots.
- The Tornado recorded six corners, but could not find the back of the net in the first half.
- King came out aggressive in the second half as they took five shots in the first 15 minutes.
- However, in the 67th minute Emmanuel found the back of the net again as a shot from the middle of the field snuck in the lower right corner of the goal past goalkeeper Jake Davis.
- 11 minutes after the Lion's goal, the Tornado put one away as Ben Allan headed a corner kick in past the Emmanuel keeper. Lucas Lavendar recorded the assist on the play.
- King's next best chance to score again came in the last minute of the contest as they had a corner kick, but could not find the back of the net. King fell 2-1.
- King recorded 17 shots, putting four on frame.
- The Tornado had 13 corner kicks.
- Allan recorded his second goal of the season.
FOR THE FOES
- Val Evans and Martin Mitreski both scored for the Lions.
- Emmanuel recorded seven corner kicks.
- King travels to Belmont Abbey College on Tuesday for a 3:30 pm start.
- Emmanuel is home on Wednesday against Columbia International University.