BRISTOL, Tenn. – The King University men's golf team got off to a solid start in the first round of their home tournament, shooting 286 in the opening round of the King University Invitational. The Tornado are in third place, while the second Tornado team is in sixth. Robert Wilkinson and Kesley March are both tied in the fifth slot on the leaderboard going into round two.
KING RESULTS: King 3rd of 10 (286); King B 6th of 10 (292)
LOCATION: Country Club of Bristol; Bristol, Tenn.
COURSE DETAILS: par 70, 6474 yards
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Wilkinson led the Tornado, shooting even-par 70 in the opening round while Alex Bradford followed with a round of one-over 71.
- Matthew Dalrymple was next for the Tornado, carding a 72 while Arthitayapong Sripatrprasite wasn't far behind with a score of 73.
- Chad Couch rounded out the squad with a score of 76 in the opening round.
- March led the King B team with a score of even-par 70.
- Alex Summers and Miles Ruff both carded rounds of 73 while Wataru Koguchi and Noah Harkness each posted scores of 76.
- Playing as an individual, Ryan Bradshaw registered a score of 78.
FOR THE FOES
- Erskine College leads the tournament with a score of 283 while North Greenville University is second at 285. Along with King, Southern Wesleyan University is in third place with an opening round of 286.
- Individually, Bernie McShane of Erskine and Evan Gfeller of North Greenville are atop the leaderboard with first round scores of two-under 68.
- The tournament concludes with the second round on Tuesday at the Country Club of Bristol. Teams take the course starting at 9:00 a.m. and the Tornado tee off starting at 9:40 a.m.