BANNER ELK, N.C. – The King University cycling team had a decent weekend at the Lees-McRae race. Alan Edwards led the way on Saturday, winning the cross country race while Sydney Wenger took a pair of top five finishes on the women's side.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Matthew Owen led the men's category A riders in the cross country race with a 12th place finish.
- Fausto Crapiz and Eric Hubbs followed with 14th and 16th place finishes, respectively.
- Coming in 28th was Jameson Simms and Alan Barrows took 30th. Nolan Tankersley rounded out the squad with a 31st place finish.
- In the men's category C cross country race, Edwards came away with the win and Taylor White finished ninth.
- On the women's side, Wenger finished fourth in the women's category A cross country race while Kate Dietrich finished 11th and Abby Hobbs took 12th.
- The Tornado struggled in the short track as Owen led the men's A group with an 11th place finish. Crapiz took 12th and Hubbs finished 18th.
- In the men's C race, Edwards finished fourth and White took 14th.
- Wenger led the way for the women, taking fifth while Dietrich took 10th. Hobbs rounded out the group with a 14th place finish.
- In the short track relay, the quartet of Dietrich, Wenger, Owen and Hubbs finished third.
- King will be in action again on September 30 and October 1 at Lindsey Wilson.