HARROGATE, Tenn. – The King University baseball team fell behind Lincoln Memorial University early on Wednesday afternoon and couldn't recover. The Railsplitters took the final midweek game from the Tornado 10-6.
FINAL SCORE: Lincoln Memorial 10, King 6
LOCATION: Hennon Field; Bristol, Tenn.
RECORDS: King 24-17; Lincoln Memorial 28-18
TIME OF GAME: 3:22
King Starting Lineup
1. J.P. Castaneda – 2B
2. Ashton King – RF
3. Tyler Bailey – SS
4. Kevin Barbato – LF
5. Bubba Ruiz – C
6. Hunter Barbour – 1B
7. Tony Valdes – CF
8. Mark Michael – 3B
9. Cam Haymans - DH
Starting Pitcher: LHP Octavio Mirabal
Lincoln Memorial Starting Lineup
1. Seth Hunt – CF
2. Will Reddick – RF
3. Tyler Adams – SS
4. Chris Salvey – 1B
5. Timmy Wages – 3B
6. Nate Stinson – DH
7. Mason Ewers – LF
8. Joe Stucky – 2B
9. Henry Moore – C
Starting Pitcher: RHP Ben Wiley
- Barbato led the offense, going 2-for-4 with a double and two runs batted in.
- Haymans also drove in a pair of runs on two hits.
- Michael scored three runs on two walks.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lincoln Memorial scored three runs in the first inning, two on back-to-back doubles and another on a sacrifice fly to take a 3-0 lead.
- The Railsplitters added another run in the second on a bases loaded hit by pitch, but the Tornado left the bases full of Railsplitters to end the inning.
- Haymans got King on the board with a single that scored Ruiz in the fifth inning. Later in the inning, King singled, scoring Michael, cutting the Tornado deficit to 4-2.
- However, a Wages home run pushed the Lincoln Memorial lead back to three runs in the bottom of the fifth.
- Lincoln Memorial tried to put the game out of reach with four runs in the sixth inning, two on a Stinson double.
- The Railsplitters added a run in the eighth inning, stretching their advantage to 10-3 going to the ninth.
- The Tornado offense, scoring three runs, two on a Barbato double. However, that was as close as the Tornado fell 10-6.
FOR THE FOES
- Adams went 3-for-5 with three runs scored and three runs batted in.
- Reddick, Wages and Stinson all recorded two hits and drove in two runs on the day.
Winning Pitcher: Ben Wiley (2-1) 4.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 BB, 4 SO
Losing Pitcher: Octavio Mirabal (7-5) 1.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 SO
- King travels to Salem University for a doubleheader at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. The series concludes on Sunday with first pitch at 1:00 p.m.
- Lincoln Memorial hosts Mars Hill University on Friday and Saturday.